Tuesday, August 16, 2011

East Coast Essentials {Guest Post}

Fall on the Colgate campus is by far my favorite season, and each year, I make sure my fashion choices complement the beautiful colors, crisp autumn weather, and the polished preppiness that East Coast style is known for.  After having lived in various places around the East Coast for most of my life, I have found that I rely on a few key pieces to keep me looking put-together, while still on trend.  Since fall weather can vary from 70 and sunny to snowing, layering is key.  My every-day uniform consists of a great pair of skinny jeans, brown riding boots, an array of tops varying from chunky knit sweaters, to cardigans, and assorted scarves to add some fun to any outfit, and keep me warm.  This kind of outfit is appropriate for everything from class, to a tailgate.  Also, on the East Coast, you can never go wrong with a button down, whether it’s a classic oxford style, or a plaid flannel.  Since it can get pretty cold on campus, I make sure to have a light jacket, and of course, a North Face fleece, which is an East Coast staple.

For warmer days, I love pulling out summer dresses in neutral tones so that they are still appropriate for fall, and pairing them with a cute pair of flats.  I also love wearing pretty, flowy tops with my jeans for a feminine look; these types of shirts are versatile enough to dress up at night with a black skirt.  As far as accessories go, East Coast fashion is all about a classic look, so stick with understated pieces that pull together an outfit; a great pair of sunglasses and some pearl earrings go a long way.  To complete your look, throw on a no-fuss cross body bag, and you’re good to go!

As far as guys go, every East Coast girl knows there’s nothing better than a lacrosse player in a half zip!  Just saying…

- Isabel

  1. Club Monaco "Tara" Striped Scarves
  2. Ray-Ban Aviators
  3. Old Navy Oxford
  4. American Eagle Skinny Jeans
  5. Lilly Pulitzer Dress
  6. North Face Zip-Up
  7. J.Crew Sweater
  8. Tory Burch Flats
  9. Rebecca Minkoff Crossbody Bag
  10. Gap Trench
  11. Pearl Earrings
  12. Frye Riding Boots
  13. J.Crew Men's Half Zip Sweater

*     *     *

About this post: After high school, my close group of best friends scattered across the country. We're still close as ever, but whether it be the West Coast, East Coast, Midwest or the South, we're all over the place. As I've been featuring some fashion on The Sweet Talker lately, I thought it would be fun to have guest posts from my friends covering regional fashion. This post is the 3rd in the series. Click here to check out “Southern Style” and "Midwest Must-Haves." I hope you enjoy!

XO, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment